In the garden, we are always looking to GROW! We’re a friendly bunch (with one sweet dog) in a relaxed, yet professional working environment. When hiring, we seek team players with passion and positive energy who thrive on action and love change & growth. We handle a large variety of custom design projects ranging from logos & print design, to websites, vehicle graphics, digital and hand painted signage, to chalkboards & window paintings! You will likely be in direct contact with clients – assessing their needs and offering creative solutions, as well as interacting with vendors to organize the completion of projects. See if we are a good match for you too!
WINDOW PAINTERS :: SEASONAL CONTRACT WORK
• Positions opening for fall/winter of 2019
Only people with artistic painting experience should apply.
If you’re a hip, happenin’, enthusiastic and talented artist we want YOU! Does your heart race when you see a blank window to paint? Do you have an artistic vision you can easily portray in a freehand drawing? – or able to produce artwork that matches our designs & style? Have some background in painting awesome things? Do you love to laugh and have a friendly personality? Are you at the edge of your seat with the opportunity to learn new and creative ideas? Do you have a reliable set of wheels to get you to work on time? Can you climb a ladder without your teeth chattering and balance on one leg with a paintbrush in your hand while you reach to the farthest corner of a window? Can you represent our company in a professional manner and display our philosophy that our customers are extremely valuable and our quality of work is of utmost importance? If this is you, send us your resume a.s.a.p! If this is not you, go ahead and send us your resume but don’t wait by the phone.
Window painter checklist: (must haves)
• friendly & professional attitude
• comfortable working quickly – on the go
• quick learner & worker, comfortable climbing ladders
• ability to freehand draw from our reference pics / customize designs when needed
• available to work at least 4 days / week (or more) mainly daylight hours)
• very reliable transportation
• tidy & organized
• always on time
• have a flexible schedule
Drawing and painting the designs to suit the client as well as loading & unloading supplies to and from vehicles, setting up the paint supplies, confirming details with clients & cleaning the windows – as well as clean up when we’re done. Neatness and organization is VERY important!
Work with the team or independently at times and follow direction well. Present yourself in a professional manner & be courteous to clients – while you represent our company.
Applicants Please Email:
• cover letter (confirming you are reliable, have a car, and something about your personality)
• samples of your work: (pictures of hand drawn sketches / paintings)
• town you are located in
• wage expectations (based on experience / quality & speed of work)
*** Suggestion: Try choosing some samples from our website, and re-drawing them (without tracing). Add your own flair if you like – make them fun and whimsical! Sketches should only take a few minutes and look fairly similar to ours. Be brave and try some on your windows (send for us to see!) Applicants must be comfortable sketching/drawing on the spot… as we often draw small “thumbnails” on paper to show the client, then draw BIG on the windows – all in one go!
GRAPHIC DESIGNER :: FOR PRINT & WEB MEDIA
• IN HOUSE POSITIONS ARE CURRENTLY FILLED – (check back from time to time)
• 4 years related experience in a studio atmosphere is preferred
As we’re a smaller design company, we’re looking for someone who enjoys using both sides of their brain (creative & technical) with the ability to juggle multiple roles with a smile on their face, has strong organizational & multitasking skills and is accustomed to deadline sensitive work. We need someone who’s smart & fast that can adapt quickly to our friendly team of people & furry friends. (the ability to conjure up productive / profitable tasks for themselves on slower days is also a great asset)
friendly & outgoing • excellent clerical skills • extremely organized & well prepared • innovative • quick creative-thinker • artistic • technical • presentable & professional • punctual & dependable • great listening & problem solving skills • excellent memory • ability to work alone or as a team • must be a positive person with a positive attitude • can give & take direction “happily” and do what it takes to get the job done (small & large projects alike) • must love animals
:: RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
– answer phones, resolve client questions & concerns, participate in client meetings, follow-ups
– work directly with clients, offer creative solutions, carry the project through to the finished product.
– design of print collateral materials, manage content, implement design & prepping files for print
(logos, stationery, presentation folders, brochures, catalogues, ads, signage etc)
– scanning, photo editing, downloading stock photography
– build websites from concept to completion (design, programming, content layout, coordinating hosting, etc.)
– social networking / media: facebook, twitter, pinterest, linkedin / blogging, youtube
– execution of in-house promotional pieces both on- and off-line (inc. mailchimp & constant contact)
– provide detailed timesheets for client jobs, organize emails, update pending job lists
– research of current design trends / styles / clean, fresh looks, constantly improving your skill set.
– maintain a clean office space
:: QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
– excellent time management skills – with ability to take on multiple tasks at once.
– experience using the Adobe Creative Suite – proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator & Acrobat
– pre-press experience: setting up files for print, dielines, spot varnishes, embossing etc.
– experience designing custom websites, installing platforms / templates / plug-ins, components & modules
– knowledge of using file upload programs (dropbox, yousendit, ftp)
– experience with outlook (creation of email templates / signatures), auto- responders etc.
– knowledge of computer systems: networking, trouble shooting, managing backups, installing programs, updates
– attention to detail is essential with regard to content, production schedules and deadlines.
– creative writing experience – helping clients with content & proofreading
– background in drawing / sketching / painting
– previous experience in marketing, pursuing new clients, running promotions, business development
– experience with CorelDraw, InDesign, Power point presentations
– experience in web programming / coding for SEO
We need you to work IN our Fort Langley based office.
Send us your resume, cover letter, a portfolio link & wage expectations to email@example.com